What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy is patient-focused physical therapy and uses ongoing assessments, observations, interventions and personalised care plans to help assist with physical, sensory or cognitive problems.
Our dedicated team of occupational therapists assess and modify the home or community environment, prescribe assistive devices and technology and refer on to other health professionals and assistance organisations to help you regain independence and help you engage in what is meaningful and purposeful to you.
How Life Ready Mobile can help
Our experienced occupational therapists work with a variety of individuals, families and communities to promote and enable participation and engagement in aspects of everyday life which include:
- Daily living activities: eg. self-care and dressing
- Household and community: eg. home maintenance and shopping
- Social participation: eg. interaction within social groups
- Leisure activities: eg. hobbies
- Work: paid or unpaid
To help determine the best way to support our patients and help them move towards their best quality of life, we perform:
- Falls assessments
- Functional assessments to improve movement, fine/gross motor skills and visual-perceptive skills
- Equipment prescription
- Cognitive assessments
- Personalised care plans
- One-on-one consultations funded privately, through the DVA or Medicare
- Engaging activities
- Education to staff, residents and families
For more information on how occupational therapy can you or someone close to you, or to book an at home assessment