Terms and Conditions
- Unforeseen circumstances happen. It’s what life is all about! In consideration for our practitioners and other clients, it is expected that if you are unable to attend or need to change your booked appointment, you provide us with as much notice as possible, so we can offer your appointment to those on our waiting list.
- You can call us, even after hours and leave a message, or email our administration team to let us know. Cancellations within 24 hours may incur a fee, subject to the discretion of management.
- As our practitioners strive at all times to adhere to their schedules, we ask all clients to arrive with enough time to be ready for their appointment. Clients who are not ready for the start of their appointment may receive a shorter treatment in an effort not to inconvenience other clients.
- Clients who fail to attend their scheduled appointment may be billed a cancellation fee, subject to the discretion of management.
Accounts and Billing
- Please get in touch with your local administration team for our schedule of fees and pricing.
- We accept cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card payments. Without our prior approval all payments must be made at the time of service.
- Requirements for Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Medicare and Department of Veterans Affairs claims and other third-party paying accounts differ. For these instances, we will discuss with you the information required to process the account. Without full supporting documentation, payment will be your responsibility.
- In most cases, your health fund will allow you to claim electronically, remember to bring your physical or digital member card with you. There may be some instances where you need to pay us first and then claim back benefits directly from your health fund.
Right to Refuse Treatment
- There may be times where our practitioners and health professionals may be unable to effectively treat and provide adequate care for a particular client. This could be due to conflict of interest, repeated non-attendance/late attendance, area of professional proficiency, a person exhibiting rude, violent or threatening behaviour, proper maintenance of professional boundaries or any other lawful reason.
- Ensuring the safety and protection of our staff is vital, so should any issue arise, our practitioners have the right to immediately discontinue or refuse treatment and if it is appropriate to do so, refer the client to another health professional or practice.
- We act in accordance with current state or territory and federal legislation with regards to the discontinuation or refusal of client treatment and the transfer of client health records.
Disrobing and Protecting Client Privacy
- We understand that each client has a unique need for privacy during a consultation depending on personal preference, natural modesty, the type of care being provided and the client’s familiarity with the service being provided.
- If a client needs to disrobe for a particular treatment, our practitioners must provide a clear explanation of ‘adequate undress’ and the reason it is important. Our practitioners will offer a suitable cover (such as a gown, shorts or drape) if it is necessary, to protect the client’s dignity and may turn their back or choose to leave the room while a client disrobes.
- Additionally, our clinics offer at least one area that provides satisfactory auditory privacy so that discussions with a client can be conducted in private. Discussion and phone communication is conducted discreetly, in the interests of respecting clients and protecting the privacy of health information.
- Similarly, client handover discussions are conducted discreetly and do not take place in the presence of other clients or administrative staff.
- If you would like any further information on your rights and responsibilities as a client, please click here.
It’s okay to change your mind… we understand!
- In addition to your rights and guarantees under Australian consumer law, if you pick yourself up something from our stock range or buy a pack of exercise sessions and have a change of heart within 7 days of purchase, we’ll gladly refund (by way of bank transfer) or credit your account no questions asked. We have everything on record, there’s no need for a proof of purchase! For anything else, you are welcome to chat with us.
Unsupervised Use of Equipment / Training Area
- If we agree it is okay to train on your own in our training areas, you must follow our instructions relating to how to use our gym equipment (including signs and guidelines displayed in the training area). You acknowledge you must stop using the equipment if for any reason, you are feeling sore or unwell. Your unsupervised use of equipment is at your own risk and to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release us and our employees, contractors and officers arising from any injury or liability occurring from your use of our equipment contrary to our requirements. Applies to our clinics only (Check them out at www.lifereadyphysio.com.au).