What is paediatric rehabilitation?
Some things happen in the early years… Our team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech pathologists are here to help.
Our dedicated team provide tailored assessments and the subsequent management of a wide variety of musculoskeletal, movement and behavioural disorders affecting infants and children.
Paediatric therapy exercises and activities vary depending on your child’s disorder, age and needs, but incorporates interactive talking, play and movement and homework strategies to be encouraged by a parent or caregiver.
Who benefits from paediatric rehabilitation?
- Babies (term or premature) who have not achieved the following motor milestones by these ages:
- Rolling – 4 months
- Sitting – 6 months
- Crawling – 9 months
- Walking – 14 months
- Babies and children with unusual movement patterns like w-sitting, bottom shuffling and toe walking
- Children who are struggling with motor skills such as jumping, hopping and ball skills
- Children who are uncoordinated or clumsy
- Children with disabilities such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Brain injuries
- Spina Bifida
- Muscular dystrophies
- Other congenital syndromes or conditions
- Babies and children with conditions affecting their bones, joints or muscles, such as:
- Plagiocephaly (flattened head shape)
- Clubfeet/flat feet
- Overly flexible joints
- Children following an injury, sickness or trauma who require rehabilitation to get back to their best such as:
- Post motor vehicle accident
- Post long hospital/ICU stay
- Post physical abuse
To learn how Life Ready Mobile can help your little (or bigger) one in the home environment